Congratulations to the 2018-2019 Alpha Chi Omega of the Year, Diane Blackwelder!
- Diane Wilson Blackwelder was initiated in 1967 at Omicron chapter-Baker University.
- Diane assumed the National Presidency at the 33rd National Convention held in St.
- Louis in 2012 and was re-elected to a second two year term at the 34th National Convention held in Palm Desert, California in 2014.
- Diane has been an active Alpha Chi Omega throughout her life, serving as President of Omicron’s House Corporation Board and President of Mu Mu Alumnae Chapter in Kansas City. She currently serves on the Mu Mu board as the Alternate Panhellenic Delegate.
- Diane has been a lifelong AX volunteer, no matter where she lived. After moving to
- Iowa, Diane volunteered for Delta Nu Chapter at Iowa State University and following a move to Indiana served as Co-Chapter Advisor to Alpha Beta at Purdue University while also becoming involved in National offices for AXO and the National Panhellenic Conference.
- Diane served four terms as National Vice President, in 1986 began the first of several terms as a Trustee of the Foundation, and served as Foundation President from 1987 to 1991.
- Her experience also includes representing Alpha Chi Omega as a National Panhellenic Conference delegate and as a participant in several congressional visits.
- Diane is the 3rd National President from Omicron.
- Diane is also a member of P.E.O. and a volunteer with the Kansas City Symphony Guild-North
The Mu Mu Board of Directors is seeking nominations for the 2019-2020 Alpha Chi Omega of the Year.
Please nominate your Alpha Chi Omega sister that meets the following criteria:
- Dues paying member
- Support of Alpha Chi Omega –past and present
- Active in the community
Please include the following information with your nomination/recommendation:
- Name, Address, Phone Number, Chapter, and School
- How she meets the above criteria
Please also include your name and phone number. All nominations should be sent to Bev Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bev Nichols 15019 Rhodes Circle Lenexa, KS 6621