Congratulations to the 2017-2018 Alpha Chi Omega of the Year, Amy Bartak!
- Amy joined the Mu Mu board in 2012 and has served in a variety of roles, including recording secretary, VP-Programs, Database Manager, and Directory. She often serves in multiple roles for the board.
- Amy steps up to help with whatever task is needed and supports officer development within the board.
- Amy also served as the finance advisor for Gamma Zeta when she lived in Manhattan.
- Amy has served as a mentor to high school and middle school girls for Society of Women Engineers – Kansas City’s (SWE-KC) Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day (IGED) and IGED Jr. events for the past five years.
- She has been a member of the K-State’s Wabash CannonBall Kansas City scholarship selection committee for over 10 years. This committee awards 50 scholarships to incoming freshmen each year. She was recently invited to join the Wabash CannonBall Kansas City event steering committee.
- She served in various roles on the Board of Directors for Kansas Academic Decathlon (high school competition) for over eight years.
- She has been a speaker on Careers in Engineering for various groups of high school and college students.
- She is a member of Burns & Mac’s Walk to End Alzheimer’s team and is a volunteer for the Outpacing Melanoma 5k Run/Walk.
- And she’s a member of United Way’s Young Leaders Society.
The Mu Mu Board of Directors will begin accepting nominations for the next AXO of the Year in August 2018.
Please nominate your Alpha Chi Omega sister that meets the following criteria:
- Dues paying member
- Support of Alpha Chi Omega –past and present
- Active in the community
Please include the following information with your nomination/recommendation:
- Phone Number
- Chapter of Initiation
- Brief summary of why you believe the candidate should be the next Alpha Chi Omega of the Year
Please submit your nomination and info to Bev Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 15019 Rhodes Circle Lenexa, KS 66215