The Mu Mu Board of Directors is seeking nominations for the 2019 Alpha Chi Omega of the Year. All nominations should be submitted by October 1, 2018. The Alpha Chi Omega of the Year will be chosen by a special committee of three appointed by the president and announced at the Founders’ Day dinner on October 25, 2018 at Hallbrook Country Club.
Please nominate your Alpha Chi Omega sister that meets the following criteria:
- Dues paying member
- Support of Alpha Chi Omega –past and present
- Active in the community
Please include the following information with your nomination/recommendation:
- Name, Address, Phone Number, Chapter, and School
- How she meets the above criteria
Please also include your name and phone number. All nominations should be sent to Bev Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bev Nichols 15019 Rhodes Circle Lenexa, KS 66215
Congratulations to the 2017-2018 Alpha Chi Omega of the Year, Amy Bartak!
- Amy joined the Mu Mu board in 2012 and has served in a variety of roles, including recording secretary, VP-Programs, Database Manager, and Directory. She often serves in multiple roles for the board.
- Amy steps up to help with whatever task is needed and supports officer development within the board.
- Amy also served as the finance advisor for Gamma Zeta when she lived in Manhattan.
- Amy has served as a mentor to high school and middle school girls for Society of Women Engineers – Kansas City’s (SWE-KC) Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day (IGED) and IGED Jr. events for the past five years.
- She has been a member of the K-State’s Wabash CannonBall Kansas City scholarship selection committee for over 10 years. This committee awards 50 scholarships to incoming freshmen each year. She was recently invited to join the Wabash CannonBall Kansas City event steering committee.
- She served in various roles on the Board of Directors for Kansas Academic Decathlon (high school competition) for over eight years.
- She has been a speaker on Careers in Engineering for various groups of high school and college students.
- She is a member of Burns & Mac’s Walk to End Alzheimer’s team and is a volunteer for the Outpacing Melanoma 5k Run/Walk.
- And she’s a member of United Way’s Young Leaders Society.