Thank you to everyone that attended the 16th Annual Silence the Violence!
Mu Mu held our 16th Annual Silence the Violence event on September 29th. This event is a fundraiser for our local domestic violence shelter, Rose Brooks Center, and the Alpha Chi Omega Foundations. The weather was great and the venue, Silo at Canyon Farms Golf Course in Lenexa, was perfect. We thank Silo for their support and encourage you to visit if you haven’t been. The numbers are still being complied, but it looks to be a record year! Alpha Chi sisters Jamie Eaton and Amy Bartak provided compelling insights about the importance of our joint mission to raise awareness of domestic violence. Joan Dougherty, from Rose Brooks Center, expressed appreciation for all we do for them. MANY thanks to all who attended, donated, and worked to make this event the success that it was. We had sisters from over 12 different chapters in attendance, along with friends and family.
A special thank you to Jamie Eaton and Jenny Duld for your tireless efforts planning this event! We celebrate your devotion and achievement!
Rose Brooks Center
Rose Brooks Center is about saving lives. Each year, Rose Brooks Center reaches over 14,000 individuals and pets. While hundreds of individuals find safety in emergency shelter, thousands more are served outside of shelter each year.
- Mission: The mission of Rose Brooks Center is to break the cycle of domestic violence so that individuals and families can live free of abuse.
- Vision: Rose Brooks Center envisions a world free of violence. We will serve as a leader of innovative comprehensive family violence services, sharing our legacy of hope through advocacy, education, and empowerment.
- Initiatives: Our initiatives are centered around three pillars – Keeping Families Safe, Creating a Safer Community, and Ending the Cycle of Violence.
Alpha Chi Omega Foundation
When you give to the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation, you’re making an impact on the future of Alpha Chi Omega. Since its founding in 1978, the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation has awarded tens of millions of dollars to our Fraternity, our sisters, our chapters and local charities.
Gifts to the Foundation are tax-deductible and provide:
- Grants supporting philanthropic priorities such as domestic violence awareness
- Emergency grants to members in extreme need
- Grants to the Fraternity for leadership and educational programming
- Merit- and need-based scholarships
- Housing grants for educational areas of chapter facilities