ThANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO ATTENDED AND/OR DONATED to the 15th Annual Silence the Violence!
For the past 14 years, Mu Mu’s annual event has raised thousands of dollars in support of Rose Brooks Center and the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation. With the health and safety of all attendees in mind, we decided to make the 15th annual Silence the Violence event a virtual bingo event.
On Wednesday, June 17th, we gathered on a Zoom link to play 5 rounds of bingo for exciting prizes, including a $50 Made in KC Gift Certificate, Pampered Chef Baskets, a Chicken ’n Pickle Basket, and a Canyon Farms Experience.
We are so excited to announce that we exceeded our fundraising goal and raised over $10,200 in support of Rose Brooks Center and the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation!
Rose Brooks Center
Rose Brooks Center is about saving lives. Each year, Rose Brooks Center reaches over 14,000 individuals and pets. While hundreds of individuals find safety in emergency shelter, thousands more are served outside of shelter each year.
- Mission: The mission of Rose Brooks Center is to break the cycle of domestic violence so that individuals and families can live free of abuse.
- Vision: Rose Brooks Center envisions a world free of violence. We will serve as a leader of innovative comprehensive family violence services, sharing our legacy of hope through advocacy, education, and empowerment.
- Initiatives: Our initiatives are centered around three pillars – Keeping Families Safe, Creating a Safer Community, and Ending the Cycle of Violence.
Alpha Chi Omega Foundation
When you give to the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation, you’re making an impact on the future of Alpha Chi Omega. Since its founding in 1978, the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation has awarded tens of millions of dollars to our Fraternity, our sisters, our chapters and local charities.
Gifts to the Foundation are tax-deductible and provide:
- Grants supporting philanthropic priorities such as domestic violence awareness
- Emergency grants to members in extreme need
- Grants to the Fraternity for leadership and educational programming
- Merit- and need-based scholarships
- Housing grants for educational areas of chapter facilities