The Mu Mu Alumnae Chapter of Alpha Chi Omega invites you to the 15th Annual Silence the Violence!
For the past 14 years, Mu Mu’s annual event has raised thousands of dollars in support of Rose Brooks Center and the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation. With the health and safety of all attendees in mind, we’ve decided to make the 15th annual Silence the Violence event a virtual bingo event.
Join us for Silence the Violence on Wednesday, June 17th, 2020 at 7:00 pm!
We will gather on a Zoom link to play 5 rounds of bingo for exciting prizes, including a $50 Made in KC Gift Certificate, Pampered Chef Baskets, a Chicken ’n Pickle Basket, and a Canyon Farms Experience. Bingo cards can be purchased for $25 per card through Friday, June 12, 2020. Purchase multiple cards to increase your chances of winning!
You will receive your bingo card(s) and Zoom link information via email prior to June 17th.
Joan Dougherty, the Director of Volunteers and Community Support at Rose Brooks Center will also join us to share more about their mission.
All proceeds benefit Rose Brooks Center and the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation.
If you’d like to make a donation via check, please make the check payable to either Rose Brooks Center or Alpha Chi Omega Foundation and mail to Deb Taylor at 9016 W 127th Ter, Overland Park, KS 66213 by Friday, June 12, 2020. Please note we cannot accept checks for bingo card purchases.
Rose Brooks Center
Rose Brooks Center is about saving lives. Each year, Rose Brooks Center reaches over 14,000 individuals and pets. While hundreds of individuals find safety in emergency shelter, thousands more are served outside of shelter each year.
- Mission: The mission of Rose Brooks Center is to break the cycle of domestic violence so that individuals and families can live free of abuse.
- Vision: Rose Brooks Center envisions a world free of violence. We will serve as a leader of innovative comprehensive family violence services, sharing our legacy of hope through advocacy, education, and empowerment.
- Initiatives: Our initiatives are centered around three pillars – Keeping Families Safe, Creating a Safer Community, and Ending the Cycle of Violence.
Alpha Chi Omega Foundation
When you give to the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation, you’re making an impact on the future of Alpha Chi Omega. Since its founding in 1978, the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation has awarded tens of millions of dollars to our Fraternity, our sisters, our chapters and local charities.
Gifts to the Foundation are tax-deductible and provide:
- Grants supporting philanthropic priorities such as domestic violence awareness
- Emergency grants to members in extreme need
- Grants to the Fraternity for leadership and educational programming
- Merit- and need-based scholarships
- Housing grants for educational areas of chapter facilities