So many things are changing right now, and we wanted to reach out to our sisters in the Greater Kansas City area with local updates and to remind you that there are sisters here willing to help. Please let us know via the website or email if you have a need or know a sister that might need some help. It’s a great time to reconnect with sisters you haven’t talked to in a while.
Below are several updates to our spring event calendar:
pampered chef fundraiser for alpha chi omega foundation – THrough April 1
- There is still time to place a Pampered Chef order to support the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation! 22% of all sales will be donated to the Foundation in honor of Mu Mu. Visit www.pamperedchef.com/party/axomumu to place your order. The link will be open until midnight on Wednesday, April 1. Contact Stephanie Lower with any questions.
Wednesday, April 1
- The Greater Kansas City Alumnae Panhellenic has cancelled the spring Recruitment 101 event that was supposed to take place on Wednesday, April 1.
- Nationally, the Alpha Chi Omega Foundation will still be holding its annual Day of Giving. We will celebrate for 1 day, 8 hours and 85 minutes to #AXOempower our sisterhood. Visit www.alphachiomega.org/empower for more information and to sign up for a short-term volunteer role as a campaign ambassador.
Tuesday, April 7
- Lunch Bunch scheduled at Blue Moose has been cancelled.
Sunday, April 19
- Mom & Tot Event at Meadowbrook Park is cancelled.
Saturday, April 25
- The Greater Kansas City Alumnae Panhellenic Women of the Year and Scholarship Recognition Brunch scheduled for April 25th has been postponed. A future date is TBD. Stay tuned to the GKCAP media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and our website) for updates as they become available. Remember that now and year round, donations to the scholarship fund are welcomed at the following link: https://gkccf.kimbia.com/grea14
Sunday, April 26
- Hall of Commitment ceremony for Gamma Zeta (Kansas State University) has been cancelled.
Sunday, May 3
- We are exploring moving the Hall of Commitment ceremonies at both Baker University and University of Kansas to an online format. Contact Rebecca Nedrow at email@example.com if you want to join or assist in the ceremony.
Tuesday, May 5
- Lunch Bunch scheduled at Silo Modern Farmhouse has been cancelled.
Wednesday, may 6
- Our 15th Annual Silence the Violence event scheduled for May 6 is postponed. We are looking at dates to reschedule. Stay tuned for updates.
June – National Convention
- The National Council has voted unanimously to cancel the 2020 National Convention in Baltimore this June. See the message from the National President, Angela Costley Harris, here.
We will continue to provide updates as we get more information. Keep well and try to use this time to slow down and focus on the all the good things we do have.
Mu Mu Board Members
Alpha chi omega member assistance grant
In the weeks and months ahead, we know there will be sisters impacted by unemployment and other abrupt and overwhelming changes in their lives. Alpha Chi Omega is here for you, in all stages of life. If you are under resourced, please reach out for a member assistance grant here: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/43660-Alpha-Chi-Omega
If you would like to support a sister, you can give to our member assistance fund here: give.alphachiomega.org/assist or text to give by texting AXOassist to 317-662-2260